cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject Seeking help on BSF calling a non-Java language engine (Rexx) ...
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2002 07:55:53 GMT
Hi there,

have tried to research the mail-archives, the documentation and the FAQ, but have not come
up with a
solution to a BSF-related problem, so my request for help in this group of very ;) knowledgable
people. Here's the problem:

Extending the functionality of XSLT by defining a Rexx function which should get called with
the
help of BSF during an XSLT-transformation. Obviously the call()-Method is invoked and not
apply(),
which would supply the source-code in the form of a String.

The BSF RexxEnigne call() method receives the declared function-name and the argument(s),
but not
the source code. Here's the question: how is it possible at runtime to get a hold of the source
code
(this is needed to be passed on to the used Rexx interpreter)?
[Obviously, the RexxEngine is found and its call() Method is used, so that part would be o.k.]

Please, if you have any insights or hints which may help solve this problem, then please do!

(Would there be a way to force apply() to be used instead of call(), which would supply the
source?
Or, could one indicate that the object-argument supplied to call() which is set to null should
possess the sourcecode?)

---

Should you need an example (XSLT defining the extension embedding the Rexx code etc. and a
short
XML-file to be processed, URL to the Rexx-support for BSF), then please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

---rony