cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ramy Mamdouh <r...@imkenberg.net>
Subject Re: [control flow] changes and new sample
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 18:02:57 GMT
Hello,

Being working on a project that uses the Control Flow extensively, made
me a big fan of this great piece of software.
However, I have some comments here :

1- sendPage() and the cocoon:/ protocol :

As I stated before, why the enforcement of using the "cocoon:/" protocol
inside AbstractInterpreter.forwardTo() to make the redirection??
---
PipelinesNode.getRedirector(environment)
        .redirect(false, "cocoon:/" + URI);
---
This enforces any URI passed to the sendPage() to use the cocoon:/
protocol, which doesn't work for some situations.
For example, I couldn't use the Portal framework with it as far as I tested.
And currently I've changed the above method to make the protocol
optional, meaning that the caller to sendPage() specify also the
protocol to be used in redirection, I also had to save the continuation
ID in session when the cocoon:/ protocol is not used.
So, I'm thinking that the sendPage() shouldn't enforce the use of the
cocoon:/ protocol, what do you think?

=======

2- XSP :

On the project I'm working on, we don't use XSP.
And so, we don't have any means to get the Continuation ID, thus We've
made a simple ContinuationTransformer and ContinuationAction that makes
using the Control Flow possible for not XSP based applications.

Finally, Although I consider Cocoon is a really magical thing, I do
think that the Flow Control is one of the most exciting stuff I've seen
since I knew about web programming.

Best Regards.

Ramy Mamdouh Kamel
ramy@imkenberg.net