cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: [control flow] changes and new sample
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2002 12:22:30 GMT
On 10.Sep.2002 -- 11:19 AM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> This said, I'm entirely in favor of making it as simple as possible to
> call actions from the flow layer or viceversa (even if I don't know
> how). Just understand that in order to have continuations, we need an
> interpretation layer on top of the JVM. This is a fact. So we can't
> simply attach continuations to actions and forget about the flow.

(I'm still on the road and will need to read this thread again in more
detail next week. Damn why are the interesting parts always discussed when
I'm offline?!)

Stefano, you can call your action from flow as simple as

   result = act("action-name", { "foo" : value, "bar" : value2 });

and result will contain all the values that would be available
when this was part of the sitemap

  <act type="action-name">
     <map:parameter name="foo" value="{value}"/>
     <map:parameter name="bar" value="{value2}"/>
     <!-- result contains sitemap parameters set by action -->
  </act>

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l