cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: Add support for instrumentation ?
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 13:18:02 GMT
Hi Ivelin,

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 08:00:23AM -0500, Ivelin Ivanov wrote:

> Looks neat.
> Is there a live demo?
>
> I couldn't see a relationship between your work and JMX.
> Can you elaborate on the decision to go with your own interfaces?
> Most J2EE containers support JMX these days, and there are many clients
> which can show the status and allow tuning.

	This is most likely a question for Leif and Berin who designed/wrote
	the instrumentation code in avalon. I've cc'd avalon-dev to get them
	involed in the discussion.

	The interfaces were first proposed by Berin, who IIRC modelled
	them after SEDA. I suggested a few changes to the interfaces, as did
	Leif, who then did the implementation.

	Leif, Berin, any thoughts you'd like to add.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: