cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject Re: Error Handling is NOT working
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:56:09 GMT
<snip/>

Guys, isn't it obvious we cannot realy provide errors in a user friendly
manner since we are delivering the page on-the-fly via SAX? Buffering the
whole page seems to reduce the positve aspects we get from using SAX and we
get closer to Cocoon1.

Maybe we should have two different modes to run cocoon or at least pipelines
in: buffered and unbuffered. So one could use e.g. buffered for development
und unbuffered for deployment?!

With unbuffered we will always have the problem that after the first generated
SAX event we cannot really make sure we are able to present an error page to
the user...

Or did I miss here something? Sorry, I haven't followed the thread very
closely up to now...
--
Torsten