cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Make errors caught only by Cocoon.java
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 13:57:30 GMT
Hi All,

	Hope all is well.

	+1 from me too, although with the example below, I'd use warn() or
	something appropriate to indicate that an exceptional situation
	has occured (unless that exception really was just for debugging).

	Shouldn't we also wrap our logging statements with tests before
	hand ?

	ie. instead of:

	getLogger().debug("some value " + value + ", some other value " + v);

	have:

	if (getLogger().isDebugEnabled()) {
		getLogger().debug(.....);
	}

	to save logging un-logged text ?

	Cheers,

	Marcus

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 03:51:12PM +0200, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> OK, then +1
>
> Carsten

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: