cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Conal Tuohy" <con...@paradise.net.nz>
Subject RE: Error Handling is NOT working
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 19:53:23 GMT
Torsten wrote:

> Guys, isn't it obvious we cannot realy provide errors in a
> user friendly
> manner since we are delivering the page on-the-fly via SAX?
> Buffering the
> whole page seems to reduce the positve aspects we get from
> using SAX and we
> get closer to Cocoon1.
>
> Maybe we should have two different modes to run cocoon or at
> least pipelines
> in: buffered and unbuffered. So one could use e.g. buffered
> for development
> und unbuffered for deployment?!

It seems to me that we should be able to buffer up to a point in the
pipeline, which wouldn't COMPLETELY negate the benefits of SAX. In some
cases it would be enough to buffer just the output of a Generator, for
instance. Or perhaps buffering could be turned on for a particular pipeline
with <pipeline buffer="true"> (another pipeline hint!)

Con