cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Michels <step...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wyona based on Slide's CM API
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 08:46:15 GMT

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Michael Wechner wrote:

> Stephan Michels wrote:
>

> > On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Michael Wechner wrote:
> >

> >>Hi
> >>
> >>After some discussions we decided
> >>that it's best to base Wyona's Content Management API on
> >>the Slide API.
> >>
> >>The have the following architecture in mind:
> >>

> >>+-----------------------------------------+
> >>|            CLIENT                       |
> >>|       (HTTP, WebDAV, Other)             |
> >>+-----------------------------------------+
> >>      /|\                   /|\
> >>       |                     |
> >>      \|/                    |
> >>+---------+---+             |
> >>| COCOON  |   |             |
> >>|   +-----+   |             |
> >>|   |  WYONA  |             |
> >>+---+---------+             |
> >>  /|\     /|\                |
> >>   |       |                 |
> >>   |      \|/               \|/
> >>   |   +-----------------+--------------+----+
> >>   |   |  SLIDE          |WebDAV Servlet|    |
> >>   |   |  (CM API)       +--------------+    |
> >>   |   +-------------------------------------+
> >>   |                    /|\
> >>   |                     |
> >>  \|/                   \|/
> >>+-------------------------------------------+
> >>|            DATA STORES                    |
> >>|                                           |
> >>|  +----------+  +----+  +------+  +-----+  |
> >>|  |Filesystem|  |JDBC|  |XML:DB|  |Other|  |
> >>|  +----------+  +----+  +------+  +-----+  |
> >>+-------------------------------------------+
> >>

> > Looks like the same architecture as we used at our project, except of the
> > wyona part ;-)
>

> Do you have more information on your project available?

We want to build a system based on Cocoon/Slide for a e-Learning(I hate
this word) solution. We have authors from different universities, which
should edit their content via WebDAV and XMLSpy. We also offers to write
their content with LaTex. At moment we use only the classes, which are
part of the current Cocoon HEAD. So we dont't have a Work Flow Manager, or
other part, which have commercial CMS included.

http://www.vs-c.de/

Perhaps we can profit from each other ;-)

> > But this will only run one machine in this combination. If you want to
> > run this in a cluster, you will have problems with the caching of the
> > Slide Stores.
>
> What kind of cluster do you have in mind?

For example, more than one instances of Cocoon(or the WebDAV Servlet) on
different machines combined with a LoadBlancer.