cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Michels <step...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it (was: Cocoon Organization (Cocoon plugins))
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 07:56:36 GMT

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Stephan Michels wrote:
> >
> > How should this look like?
> >
> > src/java/org/apache/cocoon/modules/forms/components/*
> > src/java/org/apache/cocoon/modules/forms/generation/*
> > src/webapp/samples/forms/*
> >
> > src/java/org/apache/cocoon/modules/fop/components/*
> > src/java/org/apache/cocoon/modules/fop/serialization/*
> > src/webapp/samples/fop/*
> > etc.
> >
> > Like this? It is more cleaner, but I see directories, which owns only
> > one class :-|
> >
> This is the compatibility burdon...

hmm I see ...

> I would suggest something like this:
>
> Core:
> src/java/org/apache/cocoon/*

When I we do such big reorganzation, I would prefer
src/core/java/org/apache/cocoon/*
src/core/lib/*

> FOP module:
> src/modules/fop/build.xml
> src/modules/fop/lib/*
> src/modules/fop/java/org/apache/cocoon/serialization/*
> src/modules/fop/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/*
> src/modules/fop/samples/*

Then we will have a similar build system like excalibur ;-)
I like this idea ;-) How about the scratchpad? Do we need this
anymore?

And want about the builded cocoon.jar. Does it includes all
selected modules, or does we have a
cocoon-core.jar
cocoon-fop.jar
cocoon-forms.jar