cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leigh Dodds" <ldo...@ingenta.com>
Subject RE: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it (was: Cocoon Organization (Cocoon plugins))
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 08:50:17 GMT
> <sidenote>
> On the doco infrastructure level:
> I've been trying to set up a WikiWiki web along the other Cocoon/Forrest
> resources on outerthought.net yesterday evening, but failed to find a
> decent Java port with RCS-backend. phpWiki looks nice, but running PHP
> as an Apache2 module doesn't work for me.
> </sidenote>

Have you tried JSPWiki? I've been using it for a while and it's pretty good.
Even has an RSS 1.0 feed of the changes. RCS backend is supported
(although I've not used this yet).

http://www.ecyrd.com/JSPWiki/

As an aside, something else worth looking at is WikiML:

http://www.wikiml.org

It's a SAX parser for reading Wiki markup and spitting out XHTML.
It'd be very simple to repackage it as a Cocoon Generator, and
generalise the markup it creates.

> Let's focus on finetuning what we have whilst growing a good
> documentation culture, people.

+1

Cheers,

L.