cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leigh Dodds" <>
Subject RE: Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it (was: Cocoon Organization(Cocoon plugins))
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 13:08:33 GMT
Just to jump in a spend my two euros:

One thing that ought that I think should be collectively
thought about is whether modularization (or indeed,
anything) can help stabilise particular aspects of Cocoon
such that they can be clearly labelled as stable/core, etc.

This is an issue that I've encountered when proposing that
Cocoon be deployed into a commercial environment.
Essentially: "if we build an application on this version of
Cocoon, are we going to easily migrate to newer versions
of the software without having to rearchitect the application".

It seems that there are some aspects of Cocoon that are
undergoing fairly radical changes -- I keep seeing mention
of changes to the Sitemap processing model (blocks?)
for instance -- this is off-putting when you can a stable
platform for your application.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message