cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Luca Morandini" <luca.morandi...@tin.it>
Subject RE: Cocoon in the corporate world [WAS: RE: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it]
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 12:02:30 GMT
> Any of them by Sams Publishing? They promised me a free copy, because I
> helped out reviewing proposals about 1.5 years ago :)

Yes, Sams will publish one of those:

http://www.sams.com/catalog/product.asp?product_id={B324E3C2-24E3-44FC-AEBA-1C653B8E28A9}

I should know, since I'm helping with its editing :)

Best regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
              lmorandini@ieee.org

demise of Cocoon: just think of Apache HTTP
> > server, it survived iPlanet and IIS nicely
>
> Well, that is a different thing, though. iPlanet has never been through
> the JCP or any other kind of standardization/peer review track. It was
> not perceived as a technology, upon which to standardize every software,
> but as a software application itself, competing with many others. JSP is
> a (more or less) accepted and standardized technology and there are
> several, competing implementations to choose from.
>
> > 2) I sold three Cocoon projects so far, and the IT people was rather interested
in it (whether they will build on this interest
> > remains to be seen though).
>
> I wish you good luck!
>
> > However, I must reckon that Cocoon is "unstable", and this worries me quite a bit,
especially with Cocoon books coming