cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it (was: Cocoon Organization (Cocoon plugins))
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 06:32:37 GMT
People,

it's really interesting and I must confess also amuzing to follow
such a thread like this.

It started with a list of problems we currently have and a
proposal for reorganizing the project structure.
And it didn't take long until several come up and say, "Hey,
the solution is simple: we make Cocoon 3/4 or even Cocoon XP."

How will we ever get people/companies to use Cocoon if we
change (or refactor) the core every five months? Is this
refactoring the only solution? Is it the best solution?

You all should now that even changing a package name is a
real PITA for updating an already running system.

So, *if* we vote on refactoring or starting a new Cocoon
major version, I'm definitly -1 on this.

I still believe that we can solve some (perhaps not all)
problems simply by organizing our project structure and
by shifting our activities from "hacking new features"
to "making a more perfect solution".

Carsten