cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Cachable Readers
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 08:52:38 GMT

Amir Rosen wrote:

> I'm using cocoon 2.0.3.
> I'm writing a class extending AbstractReader, and implementing Cacheable.
> When a Reader is used, the order the methods are called is:
> getMimeType()
> getLastModified()
> generateValidity()
>
> Thus, getLastModified() & generateValidity() are called on the
> new reader created, and not on the "right" reader that is known
> only after the validity check.
>
> I hope i explained myself better this time.

Ok, now I got the first part, the order of the methods called, but
what do you mean by "right" reader?

Usually, when the first method is called (= getMimeType() ) the
reader should collect all necessary information (mime type, last modified,
validity etc.) and return only the mime type. When then the next
method is called (= getLastModified() ), the previous collected
information is returned etc.

Does this make sense?

Carsten