cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it (was: Cocoon Organization (Cocoon plugins))
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 06:35:08 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> My main concern about Cocoon health is that it grows with features which
> are *not* integrated with each other. Examples are:
>
> 1. CInclude vs XInclude
> 2. ESQL vs SQLTransformer
> 3. xscript vs session context
> 4. ProgrammingLanguage vs Interpreter
> etc.

And the interesting thing here is that also I mentioned it over a dozen
times
in the last two months, noone realized (or wants to realize) that we have
a third transformer, the session transformer which can also do includes
like the CInclude/XInclude transformers, but in a much better way (with
HTTP POST etc.) (This is not targetted at you, Vadim).

Carsten