cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it (was: Cocoon Organization (Cocoon plugins))
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 12:15:14 GMT
Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> I'm missing something here Carsten.  You may have been saying "and
> Session Transformer" but if I didn't
> make the connection that Session Transformer=Include something...  So
> you're saying this has functionality
> that coulde be shared between it CInclude/XInclude?

The SessionTransformer (found in the webapps/session package and named
"session" in the sitemap has also an include feature/tag.

Now, why is it called SessionTransformer? We first developed this
transformer with all this session handling stuff and then found out
that we also needed a good include feature. So, instead of making
a new transformer this was added to the SessionTransformer (and the
former name of this transformer was SunShineTransformer anyway).

The main difference is that the include feature of the session
transformer is configurable (as it uses a more verbose syntax):
(Replace sunshine: with session:)

<sunshine:include>
  <sunshine:connection type="uri">
    <sunshine:target>http://itsunshine/tamino/blah</sunshine:target>
    <sunshine:config>
	<sunshine:param>
	  <sunshine:name>method</sunshine:name>
	  <sunshine:value>POST</sunshine:value>
	</sunshine:param>
    </sunshine:config>
    <sunshine:params>
      <sunshine:param>
	  <sunshine:name>message</sunshine:name>
	  <sunshine:value>Hi there</sunshine:value>
	</sunshine:param>
	<sunshine:param>
	  <sunshine:name>_Process</sunshine:name>
	</sunshine:param>
	<sunshine:param>
	  <sunshine:name>Test</sunshine:name>
	  <sunshine:value><sunshine:getxml context="request"
path="/parameter/matti"/></sunshine:value>
	</sunshine:param>
    </sunshine:params>
  </sunshine:connection>
</sunshine:include>

As you can see, you can dynamically add request parameters and configure
the connection, like setting the POST method.

Carsten