cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Cocoon Blocks
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:17:03 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> On Friday 16 August 2002 07:58, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> >. . .
> > The blocks RT sounds great, but I'm also interested in a real example
> > which shows the usage of blocks
> >. . .
>
> I think you were talking about the inner working of Blocks, but
> from a user
> point of view I have written a (dream?) use-case over at CocoDocoWiki:
> http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=BlocksUseCases - maybe such
> examples help reaching a common understanding?

Hmm, ok, I think this is actually the problem about blocks - everyone
understands it in a different way - although we refer to the same RT.

I think, what you describe is more a 'module feature' and not so much
the 'big blocks concept' - although your wish list should be possible
with the blocks concept.

I'm still looking for a real example that makes use of a
'skin block' or a 'portal block' or something like that - or in other
words, an example which really uses all the features (and ideas) of the
blocks concept and not only a part of it.

> (And sorry I cannot help about the fueling stations at this time
> - maybe you
> could move to Australia, they have them on the other side there ;-)

ROTFL

Carsten