cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Foster <jafos...@uwaterloo.ca>
Subject Re: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it (was: Cocoon Organization (Cocoon plugins))
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 12:20:08 GMT
<snip/>

With respect to choosing a Wiki, I think that we should (to use a Steve
Jobs euphemism) "eat our own dogfood" and either use the existing WikiLand
or...

> As an aside, something else worth looking at is WikiML:
>
> http://www.wikiml.org
>
> It's a SAX parser for reading Wiki markup and spitting out XHTML.
> It'd be very simple to repackage it as a Cocoon Generator, and
> generalise the markup it creates.

Given that Cocoon is supposed to be a whiz-bang framework, it would be
pretty weird, if not disconcerting to people looking at adopting the
framework, not to use it ourselves.

Jason Foster