cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject [web site] News page?
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 12:56:41 GMT
I think it's high time the Cocoon project has a News page on its web
site. Is there any "historical" reason why we don't have one? Do we need
to decide what's considered "news"?

For example, we have now entered the "book phase" of Cocoon2, with
Carsten and Matthew's excellent new book (soon to be followed by other
books). In particular, there's a free chapter available which is loaded
with useful content (command line, logging, sitemap in-depth, etc.) for
new users. This is *great* news! Knowing how hard it is, personally, to
produce good docs, these books will be worth their weight in gold. I
think we should announce them prominently to new users, not just on a
third-party resources page, but on a News page as well. We should be
very proud of these books, their authors, and the companies behind them
who support Cocoon. Highlighting them on a New page would show that.

Do you agree? If so, what else would you want on a news page? We should
decide, up front, what qualifies so they'll be no hard feelings down the
road.

-- Diana