cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <>
Subject RE: Extending the build system for modules
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:38:15 GMT
> e) A selection system
> were a user can specify which modules she wants (like an interactive
> build) - the default should be all modules (which can be built).
> This could simply be done by an ant properties file, like
> modules.pdf.fop=no
> modules.pdf.itext=yes
Yes, please do this.  I don't think I've seen this comment in the
discussion, but the solution to move jars out of the way before
each build essentially makes keeping up with head, or reasonably
updating a build impractical.

> f) Something I forgot

Similar issue with xconf.  I caught the recent thread about user xconf's
which can be merged into (user's preferences override standard defaults).
This will be important as the build complexity increases.

Geoff Howard

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message