cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sven Kitschke <ki...@web.de>
Subject Re: BUG: TraxTransformer uses cached URI resolver
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:34:12 GMT
Hi,

Amir Rosen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There's a bug in TraxTransformer when using Saxon with caching.

<snip />

> Anyway, our solution is simple, we should set the URIResolver we want to use explicitly:
>
> in TransformerHandler#getTransformerHandler(Source, XMLFilter) there's the code:
>
> TransformerHandler handler = getTransformerFactory().newTransformerHandler(templates);
> handler.getTransformer().setErrorListener(new TraxErrorHandler(getLogger()));
> return handler;
>
> before returning the handler we should add the line:
>
> handler.getTransformer().setURIResolver(this);

I can confirm that applying this patch helps against some NPEs!
See below. Thank you!

Can someone please apply this patch to cvs?

> A comment has been sent to JSR 63 about this issue.
>
> BTW:
> I'm using:
> - cocoon 2.0.3-dev
> - saxon 6.5.2

Me too.

> Thanks,

Thank you very much.

> Amir Rosen
> CTI Squared
> amir@cti2.com
> +972-9-9605200 (258)

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingEventPipeline.process(CachingEventPipeline.java:223)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.SitemapSource.toSAX(SitemapSource.java:353)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.FileGenerator.generate(FileGenerator.java:143)
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl.resolve(XSLTProcessorImpl.java:481)
	at com.icl.saxon.functions.Document.makeDoc(Document.java:201)
	at com.icl.saxon.functions.Document.getDocuments(Document.java:134)
	at com.icl.saxon.functions.Document.evaluate(Document.java:70)