cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.org>
Subject Re: [Cocoon-apps] Current status recap
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 02:14:04 GMT

Morrison, John wrote:

>>From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
>>Morrison, John wrote:

<snip/>

>>>I'm unsure as to why Wyona would wish to be here - it already
>>>has it's own site... unless it's looking for a cvs repro which
>>>is tighter connected to the Cocoon project...
>>>
>>1. Cooperation with the ongoing Slide-Cocoon.
>>2. Increased visibility
>>3. Cocoon community help

We would certainly like that very much

> fair enough :)
>

>>4. Donation to Apache? :-)
>>

> You (and I) wish ;)

We don't mind donating our stuff at all, but what does it actually
mean. I guess the copyright would belong to Apache, but that
wouldn't be a problem, because what is it good for, if we don't
want to make any money with the code itself (at least I don't).

But what about loosing "our identity": The name, the domain, the
graphical design of the website, etc. ... the spirit(!)?

AxKit is currently making the transition to Apache. Maybe they know.
Or can you help me to clarify that a little bit?

The name "Wyona" would certainly fit to Apache, because as
I was told is Wyona originally a "Native American" name, but
I was never able to verify that.

Anyway, I really appreciate that you consider Wyona becoming
part of Apache.

Thanks

Michael

>>>Apart from this being a wiki implemented using C2 - I don't
>>>know much more :(
>>>
>>Yeah, the point is, would the author agree to make it part of
>>cocoon-apps?
>>

> I believe so - I remember threads that definately indicated that
> he would.
>
> J.

> Information in this email and any attachments are confidential, and may
> not be copied or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed
> to any third party without our permission.  There is no intention to
> create any legally binding contract or other commitment through the use
> of this email.
>
> Experian Limited (registration number 653331).
> Registered office: Talbot House, Talbot Street, Nottingham NG1 5HF

OSCOM - Open Source Content Management Conference
September 25th - 27th 2002, Berkeley, California
http://www.oscom.org/conferences/berkeley2002/