cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.org>
Subject Re: Wyona based on Slide's CM API
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 08:07:46 GMT

Stephan Michels wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Michael Wechner wrote:

<snip/>

> We want to build a system based on Cocoon/Slide for a e-Learning(I hate
> this word) solution. We have authors from different universities, which
> should edit their content via WebDAV and XMLSpy. We also offers to write
> their content with LaTex. At moment we use only the classes, which are
> part of the current Cocoon HEAD. So we dont't have a Work Flow Manager, or
> other part, which have commercial CMS included.
>
> http://www.vs-c.de/

Every university nowadays is doing it's own "E-Learning" project ;-)

> Perhaps we can profit from each other ;-)

Yeah, I am sure: University of Zurich is using Wyona and they also
have an "e-learning" project. But maybe we should rather discuss that
off the mailing list.

>>>But this will only run one machine in this combination. If you want to
>>>run this in a cluster, you will have problems with the caching of the
>>>Slide Stores.
>>>
>>What kind of cluster do you have in mind?
>>

> For example, more than one instances of Cocoon(or the WebDAV Servlet) on
> different machines combined with a LoadBlancer.

What about replication of the data between the stores on different
servers? Or did you mean that by caching?

Michael