cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <>
Subject Re: XLink anyone?
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:30:39 GMT
If you only have

   <generate src="content.xml"/>

Cocoon will only parse the file and serialize it. Where should the handling
of XLink's come from?

I tested with a 2.0.2-dev version from march. Cocoon chokes only on the
missing DTD, so I removed the doctype declaration and everything works fine.

Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>> Why should Cocoon choke on parsing an XML file - if it is really one??
>> The parser doesn't know anything about XLink, so I think this can't be
>> the problem. Have a look at the XML. It looks really strange.
> The parser doesn't. Cocoon does. Have a look at the source, Cocoon
> actually knows about xlink, both as "proper" xlinks (in the xlink:
> namespace) and as "semi" xlinks (the "href" and "src" attributes). The
> problem is that it does it in such a way that makes the app go nuts,
> with a StackOverflow exception and (from a quick and dirty debugging
> session) a set of recursive calls between XLinkPipe(s).
>> I downloaded the example SXW from the link you gave, unzipped it and
>> looked at the content.xml (delivered via Cocoon) in Mozilla. Maybe you
>> made an error while unzipping the SXW.
> So did I, and I double checked, with Mozilla, IE, command line Xerces &
> Xalan... all behaved well, Cocoon being the exception. Try for yourself.
> Ciao,

System Development
Fon  +49(0)341-979-7419
Fax  +49(0)341-979-7409