cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XLink anyone?
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:22:12 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> Why should Cocoon choke on parsing an XML file - if it is really one??
> The parser doesn't know anything about XLink, so I think this can't be
> the problem. Have a look at the XML. It looks really strange.

The parser doesn't. Cocoon does. Have a look at the source, Cocoon
actually knows about xlink, both as "proper" xlinks (in the xlink:
namespace) and as "semi" xlinks (the "href" and "src" attributes). The
problem is that it does it in such a way that makes the app go nuts,
with a StackOverflow exception and (from a quick and dirty debugging
session) a set of recursive calls between XLinkPipe(s).

> I downloaded the example SXW from the link you gave, unzipped it and
> looked at the content.xml (delivered via Cocoon) in Mozilla. Maybe you
> made an error while unzipping the SXW.

So did I, and I double checked, with Mozilla, IE, command line Xerces &
Xalan... all behaved well, Cocoon being the exception. Try for yourself.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino