cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.org>
Subject Redirect/Rewrite Module
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 07:53:47 GMT
Hi

I have a situation where I would like to do a lot of
URI-redirects/rewrites. I know I can do this via the sitemap,
but other people would be doing this. So for the reason of "Separation
of Concern" I would like to separate this from the actual sitemap.

My question is what are the possibilties to do something like that?

-One way would probably be to have a separate sitemap dedicated to
redirects, which is mounted by the actual sitemap.

-Or to have the redirects in a separate file, which is "pulled in" by
the actual sitemap as an external entity

-Or to have an action/component, where every request is sent through and
is acting
as an redirect/rewrite module (and maybe calling Cocoon again!!)

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks a lot in advance

Michael