cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject [DEAL] Proposal: Inclusion of CocoBlog in scratchpad
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 14:01:03 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Or sourceforge?
>
> We should not use the cocoon cvs for cocoon-apps, I don't
> now the official "apache policy" on this. It is very good
> to have a cocoon-apps area, but I don't want to give all
> 'cocoon-apps' committers also access to cocoon itself.
> So it must be separated.

Sourceforge is good as a development environment, but it will not give
us the means of *showcasing* Cocoon apps. We will end up with
(hopefully) some portal site, but a miriad of little project sites
around this. I think Cocoon will be served better if we can group all
these applications under one umbrelle.

OK, here's my deal:

I'm dreaming of a Cocoon application development community, comparable
to SF, with CVS, mailinglists, and a Cocoon-app deployment environment.
I've been dreaming about this for the past few weeks and did some
homework. I've been figuring out the costs of hosting such a machine and
securing it sufficiently, and I might even consider to jumpstart this
entirely on our (=outerthought) own budget. No big iron server to start
with, of course, just as CocoDocoWiki is run right now.

Consider it to be CocoKrysalis. Now if other companies are willing to
co-sponsor this, they are welcome. This will cost *real* money.

In terms of opportunity management, it might not be wise to post such
statements knowing I'm going offline in a few hours. But since the
opportunity is there, and we are being confronted with the need for such
an environment, I hope you will give me some time to gather all this in
some plan, and come back to it in a few weeks. I'm dead-serious about this.

Warm regards,

</Steven>