cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Cocoon-apps CVS module
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 12:42:55 GMT
Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> I'd like to see a seperate CVS module (irrelevant of Cocoblog) for
> cocoon-apps.  Which is for sample applications
> using cocoon.  The bar for giving people commit access would be lower
> than the core.   The main purpose would be
> to encourage folks to write example apps.  Such usage example would be
> REALLY useful to me.

Please remember that you will need to provide *every* cocoon-app
committer with commit rights for that module. From
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-admin/charter.txt?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup,

I gather it will be pretty debatable whether we want this or not.

Warning: I'm not being the Apache commit status elitist here (I'm just a
neighbourhood Forrest committer anyhow), but I believe cocoon-apps
should be regarded as an xml.apache.org subproject, *or* that the PMC
should come up with a solution.

Anyway, I shouldn't be posting anymore since I want to go home early
today, and I'll be off-list for two weeks anyhow. Just make sure that we
are able to live with the consequences of our decisions. We already have
a Hall of Fame of considerable weight
(http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/who.html), not sure whether we want to
open up the gates for *everybody* who comes up with some Cocoon-based
app. Even so, there should be rules laid out - *prior* to moving forward.

</Steven>