cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Proposal: Inclusion of CocoBlog in scratchpad
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 17:03:41 GMT
I'd like to propose the inclusion of my blogging tool, CocoBlog, in the
scratchpad of Cocoon 2.1.

CocoBlog is a Cocoon-based blogging tool that I am currently using to
maintain my own blog at http://www.beblogging.com/blog/.

The current "stable" version (0.0.6) is distributed as a complete web
application (WAR) that includes Cocoon 2.0.3 and uses Xindice as a
document repository.

I've recently begun rewriting it in order to reach the following objectives:

- move to C2.1
- move from Xindice to HSQLDB
- support multiple blogs and multiple authors
- exploit the authentication framework

Rewriting has proceeded to the point of having the minimum of features
needed to create blogs, post and read items, and provide an RSS feed.
More features (authentication, calendar, searching) will come in the
following days.

I hope CocoBlog can provide:

- a demostration of Cocoon's capabilities
- an effective tool for Cocoon developers to document what they're doing

Many Cocoon and Apache developers and users already have blogs: Matthew
Langham, Carsten Ziegeler, Sam Ruby, Tony Collen, Bob Phillips, Kimbro
Staken, Gerhard Froelich, James Strachan, Ovidiu Predescu, Ivelin
Ivanov, James Snell, just to name a few. I think some of them might like
the idea of eating their own dog food ;-).

What is CocoBlog made of? A generator, an action, a subsitemap with some
XSP and XSL files, a couple of HSQLDB tables. The impact on the
stability of C2.1 should be nil.

Let me know what you think. I'm leaving for my summer holidays from
August 15th to September 3rd, and I'd like to send someone the necessary
files before I leave.

	Ugo

P.S.: I've cc-ed forrest-dev. Maybe a blog might be useful for forrest,
maybe not.

--
Ugo Cei - http://www.beblogging.com/blog/