cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon Wiki (was: Re: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it . . .)
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 12:47:19 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> Diana Shannon wrote:
>

> I've just put up a copy of JSPWiki on my server, and Leigh Dodds of
> Eclectic and xml.com fame is filling it already with his contributions
> (lots).
>
>> Syvain, how's http://www.anyware-tech.com/wikiland/ faring?

Once again about wikiland : it's an attempt to build a Cocoon-based
wiki, and feeding it with Cocoon-related content was meant to attract
Cocoon-related people. And its rather asleep now...

> <quote src="leigh" medium="private mail">
>   I think just putting up a chunk of content will decide where the
> Wiki lives.
> </quote>
>
> Content is king, and we should applaud Leigh for giving us such a
> tremendous headstart. Feeling much obliged - we will take of this.
>
> If you feel like wiki'ing, have a look at http://outerthought.net/wiki/

I completely agree with the above and what others said in this thread :
we should not delay the use of a wiki because we don't have a
Cocoon-based wiki. And even more because a wiki *is* its content more
than its infrastructure.

Let's start _today_ with something that works _today_ and if one day a
cool Cocoon-based wiki is available (be it wikiland or something else),
then we may consider migrating the content.

So let's go on with Steven's JSPWiki installation and see how it lives.
It's better to do something with tools that may not be the ultimate ones
than building these ultimate tools and delay forever what we wanted to
do with them.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez