cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Cocoon Wiki (was: Re: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it . . .)
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 12:47:16 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> Thanks Ulrich. We all understand your point. It's just that we have
> other priorities right now. Or better: this is a volunteer effort, you
> can't force people to go into your direction.

Of course not, but I am not aware of having tried.

 > If you want to influence
> the course of an open source project, the only way to do so is by
> contributing (and I know you did with Avalon).

Isn't that what I'm doing right now? Contributing ideas. Whether they
are useful to others is another question - but surely no-one gets dumber
by reading my comments? :)

As for contributing code, I was not able to explain to my employer the
ROI of migrating all our Cocoon1-based apps to Cocoon2. So all I can do
now is comment occasionally. The ROI of Avalon/Phoenix was easier to
explain and they had zero docs at the time.

cheers,

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring