cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Cocoon Wiki (was: Re: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it . . .)
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 12:38:42 GMT
Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> Ulrich Mayring wrote:
>
>> My point: X should be Cocoon. Does Adobe ship the docs for Acrobat in
>> MS-Word format, because PDF creation is too unwieldy? No, they made
>> PDF creation easy instead.
>
> My point:  So develop the tool.  We'll switch to it once you develop the
> tool.

I'm not a Cocoon developer anymore :(

 > The rest of us shouldn't STOP documenting until an adequate
> Cocoon Wiki exists.

Agreed. So, everyone is busy writing docs now? :)

 > Did Microsoft close Hotmail until it could convert
> it to NT?  No.  Hotmail ran for a good year or two on UNIX servers after
> being bought by MS.

Initially MS wasn't aware of the bad publicity this could create, so it
was deemed a non-problem. After the bad publicity arose, it became their
first priority to switch over to NT. That took as long as it took, but
it was first priority.

The developers of BeOS were compelled to develop under BeOS. The CEO
said that the product would only become good, if the developers actually
had to work with it. They were given intentionally slow machines, too :)

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung