cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon Wiki (was: Re: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it . . .)
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 12:26:09 GMT
Ulrich Mayring wrote:

> Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
>
>> <snip/>
>> Every documentation discussion has broken down into a "lets develop
>> undocumented tool X to serve the documentation!"  and
>> faded.
>

> My point: X should be Cocoon. Does Adobe ship the docs for Acrobat in
> MS-Word format, because PDF creation is too unwieldy? No, they made PDF
> creation easy instead.
>
> Ulrich

Thanks Ulrich. We all understand your point. It's just that we have
other priorities right now. Or better: this is a volunteer effort, you
can't force people to go into your direction. If you want to influence
the course of an open source project, the only way to do so is by
contributing (and I know you did with Avalon). For documentation,
content is equally important as infrastructure. Some of us are focussing
on content. If you come up (preferably together with Olivier Rossel)
with a Wiki solution that runs on top of Cocoon and offers a
footprint/feature set comparable with JSPWiki (which is a pretty
lightweight WikiEngine anyhow), I'm quite sure it will be well received
by this community. I'd be happy to host it, too.

I should be leaving on holidays soon. If you are looking for a group of
like-minded documentation bone-headed people to discuss documentation
infrastructure tools, please go and visit http://xml.apache.org/forrest/.

Cheers,

</Steven>