cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon Wiki (was: Re: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it . . .)
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 12:21:29 GMT
Ulrich Mayring wrote:

> Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
>
>> <snip/>
>> Every documentation discussion has broken down into a "lets develop
>> undocumented tool X to serve the documentation!"  and
>> faded.
>

> My point: X should be Cocoon. Does Adobe ship the docs for Acrobat in
> MS-Word format, because PDF creation is too unwieldy? No, they made
> PDF creation easy instead.

My point:  So develop the tool.  We'll switch to it once you develop the
tool.  The rest of us shouldn't STOP documenting until an adequate
Cocoon Wiki exists.  Did Microsoft close Hotmail until it could convert
it to NT?  No.  Hotmail ran for a good year or two on UNIX servers after
being bought by MS.  Documentation is MORE critical than hosting the
documentation on a Cocoon-based site.  Just like MS signing up more
hotmail users so that they could invade their privacy was MORE important
then running it on NT at first.

-Andy