cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon Wiki (was: Re: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modu larize it . . .)
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 11:09:30 GMT

>> Cocoon can be used to implement a Wiki application, isn't it? The other
>> thing is that nobody had did it yet.
>

> And people wonder: why not? Why are there Wiki implementations in JSP,
> but none for Cocoon? If it were easy to do, surely someone could slap
> something together right now.

So do it.  I've got other more pressing things to work on.  Its your
itch, scratch it.  To me generating documentation for Cocoon
is FAR more important.

>> For lighter tasks a lighter tool is the best, but when you have a
>> complex
>> web application/site with customizable/personalizable content and
>> layout,
>> where you will need multimedia output of the same content etc. then
>> you'll
>> hardly be happy to do it using JSP even with its XML and Tiles like
>> taglibs.
>

> So, Cocoon is positioned as being only for large and complex websites?

Using Cocoon for a very very simple website would be (IMHO) MASSIVE
overkill.
Just like buying an E10000 would be overkill for a 4 webpage site that
gets 100 hits
a day.

-Andy