cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilya A. Kriveshko" <i...@kaon.com>
Subject Proposed addition to RequestGenerator (diff -u patch included)
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 21:45:39 GMT
Hello,

I needed RequestGenerator to give me access not only to request
parameters, but also to request attributes. Attributes allow a Request
object to carry a "history" of the request among other things, and
sometimes it is useful to have access to that history from an XPath
expression [like document('cocoon://httprequest')] or any other place
that might use RequestGenerator.

Attached is a small and simple patch to
xml-cocoon2/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation/RequestGenerator.java
that provides just that functionality.

In order to not adversely affect anyone who is relying on there not
being any extra stuff in the generated request XML, I left attributes
turned off by default. They can be turned on, either at the generator
definition or invocation in the sitemap by specifying <map:parameter
name="generate-attributes" value="true"/>.

I need this functionality for my project, and placing it in the
RequestGenerator appears to be a natural choice.

The patch that I attached has been tested under cocoon-2.1-dev running
on Tomcat 3.3.1 on Win2k and Linux under JDK 1.3.1.

Please, someone, review my changes and if I managed to convince you of
their usefulness, commit them to the repository.
--
Ilya