cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilya A. Kriveshko" <>
Subject Proposed addition to RequestGenerator (diff -u patch included)
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 21:45:39 GMT

I needed RequestGenerator to give me access not only to request
parameters, but also to request attributes. Attributes allow a Request
object to carry a "history" of the request among other things, and
sometimes it is useful to have access to that history from an XPath
expression [like document('cocoon://httprequest')] or any other place
that might use RequestGenerator.

Attached is a small and simple patch to
that provides just that functionality.

In order to not adversely affect anyone who is relying on there not
being any extra stuff in the generated request XML, I left attributes
turned off by default. They can be turned on, either at the generator
definition or invocation in the sitemap by specifying <map:parameter
name="generate-attributes" value="true"/>.

I need this functionality for my project, and placing it in the
RequestGenerator appears to be a natural choice.

The patch that I attached has been tested under cocoon-2.1-dev running
on Tomcat 3.3.1 on Win2k and Linux under JDK 1.3.1.

Please, someone, review my changes and if I managed to convince you of
their usefulness, commit them to the repository.

View raw message