cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon Wiki (was: Re: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it . . .)
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 21:18:32 GMT
Diana Shannon wrote:

> On Tuesday, August 6, 2002, at 04:32  PM, Leigh.Dodds@ingenta.com wrote:
>
>> As far as QA goes, I'd suggest this be applied to Wiki content to
>> make 'official docs', but you can still point people at the Wiki
>> for information, and say "here be dragons".
>

> But making "official" cvs xdocs from the wiki still seems like a PITA --
> at least at the moment. Why not wrap a decent skin on the wiki site, do
> periodic QA, and dump the periodic result (html docs?) into the cvs/web
> site for distros/snapshots, etc. Why do we need cvs xdocs anymore?
>
> -- Diana (suddenly feeling very liberated)

Apparently ;-)

Seriously, I think we will have both, but perhaps for different reasons:

* Wiki for document creation and collaboration, for [RT] sharing and the
like
* xdocs for reference documentation, in-sync with releases/branches,
incorporating Javadoc, etc etc

Don't forget Wikis have no hierarchy (except as made apparent through
hyperlinkage), all Wiki docs are stored in one directory and are not
very well organized serverside (which is the purpose, of course)

I see CocoDocoWiki as a breeding pool, and grown-up fishes can then
migrate to xdoc heaven ;-)

</Steven>