cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it (was: Cocoon Organization (Cocoon plugins))
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 20:32:04 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:
>>From: Stephan Michels [mailto:stephan@apache.org]
>>

> <snip/>
>
>>Why do we need sub directories? I like Andrew's idea with the
>>xconfig. All we need some more properties for the buid file.
>>
>>.ant.properties.minimal:
>>include.forms=no
>>include.databases=no
>>include.fop=no
>>[...]
>>
>>.ant.properties.full
>>include.forms=yes
>>include.databases=yes
>>include.fop=yes
>>[...]
>>
>>And the build file can exclude the files for the subprojects,
>>similar to the prepare-src-main task.
>

> Because you will run across issues where hidden interdependencies
> will crop up.  Dependencies need to be planned.

Gump descriptor is made to handle these interdependencies, in a similar
way to which Excalibur does it.

Basically all these "modules" are defined as projects, and should be
declared as such.
I'm working on it on a simplified Gump ant task-target, and maybe it
would be the best thing to do.

As for the branch, it's evident that it will not be done, so I will
continue to help on a clear evolutive path, with minimal refactorings.

I think that it's the best thing to do too now, the comments were very
well done and insightful.

                      -oOo-

What about this:

src/framework/java|lib|*/*
src/core/java|lib|*/*
src/components/*componentname*/java|lib|*/*

I will put many components in Morphos, so we will have to see how we can
interoperate from a project POV.
Any ideas?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -