cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert S. Koberg" <...@koberg.com>
Subject Re: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it (was: Cocoon Organization (Cocoon plugins))
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 19:03:07 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 August 2002 18:34, Robert S. Koberg wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Berin Loritsch wrote:
>>
>>>What Cocoon needs to test pipelines is an XML Diff utility.  I think
>>>I remember something about such a beast existing, but I have no links
>>>or licensing info.  You need to compare the generated output to the
>>>expected output.  If it is different, it fails the test.
>>
>>http://subversion.tigris.org brings diffs back well-formed.
>

> A well-formed diff is not the same thing... one thing is a node based diff,
> the other one is a text based diff but with xml output. You sure subversion
> can do a node based diff?
>
> the only thing I found was http://xmlunit.sourceforge.net/ which should be
> exactly what we need... plus an easy way of constructing a pipeline within a
> testcase.
>
> ...and it comes with a BSD license. is that ok to go into our cvs?
> --

I am invetigating using subversion as the DB & repository. It use
Berkeley DB (who just released an alpha version of their Native XML DB
with a java api).

You can access an XML piece right from the repository locally
(file:///path/to/resource/in/subversion) or through webdav
(https://path/to/resource/in/subversion) or other ways.

If the pipeline gets the source file directly from subversion you might
have what you are looking for?? You bring an XML piece through a
pipeline, if it finds a conflict it transforms an informative message to
the output or takes whatever action necessary.

I am just thinking, don't know how practical...

best,
-Rob