cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@wkwyw.net>
Subject Re: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it (was: Cocoon Organization (Cocoon plugins))
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 17:27:50 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Something we didn't talk of up to now is testing : subsitemap handling
> by the treeprocessor is broken in the 2.0.3 release because of a
> change in Avalon which had a bad side effect. I'm in the ones to blame
> as I checked the 2.0.3 before it gets released in its default
> configuration only, which is using the compiled engine.
>
> However, such a bug would have been easily found if we had both
> repeatable unit and functional testing. Testing Avalon components and
> SAX-based components may not be easy, but we have to do it in order to
> improve the stability and our confidence in the code base.

I too am having problems getting people to buy Cocoon due to stability
issues, lets get things under control while we still can.

I promised some time ago that I would get started on building tests.
Other things have overtaken me at present and I will not get chance to
focus on this for at least a couple of months. However, I am still here,
still watching what's going on and still intending on building some test
harnesses when the time comes.

If people want to get started before I come back for good then all the
better!

Ross