cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it (was: Cocoon Organization (Cocoon plugins))
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 12:03:34 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> I still believe that we can solve some (perhaps not all)
>> problems simply by organizing our project structure and
>> by shifting our activities from "hacking new features"
>> to "making a more perfect solution".
>

> empathic +1
>
> <sidenote>
> On the doco infrastructure level:
> I've been trying to set up a WikiWiki web along the other
> Cocoon/Forrest resources on outerthought.net yesterday evening, but
> failed to find a decent Java port with RCS-backend. phpWiki looks
> nice, but running PHP as an Apache2 module doesn't work for me.
> </sidenote>

I have wikis installed on my server...  its written in PERL.. . Its very
simple.... I Has difference highlighting.  See here:
http://www.superlinksoftware.com/cgi-bin/jugwiki.pl

> Let's focus on finetuning what we have whilst growing a good
> documentation culture, people.
>
> OTOH, let's not fall into the trap of Ant 2.0
> (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=102604001510675&w=2)
> If people feel like major refactoring is the way to go, there is
> nothing in the process that prevents this
> (http://www.x180.net/rules.html).
>
> But I still feel we have some way to go before we could say Cocoon is
> stable in terms of design (flowmap/blocks/...), features (form
> handling...) and documentation. IMO, we need this stable version
> before we can fork.

So I saw 2 people who'd like to see me set the wiki up.  I don't mind
but I don't want to set 4 wikis up.  If you want to set it up thats
totally cool with me.. . otherwise I will.  Let me know.

-Andy