cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <>
Subject Re: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it (was: Cocoon Organization (Cocoon plugins))
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 10:01:50 GMT
Leigh Dodds wrote:

>>On the doco infrastructure level:
>>I've been trying to set up a WikiWiki web along the other Cocoon/Forrest
>>resources on yesterday evening, but failed to find a
>>decent Java port with RCS-backend. phpWiki looks nice, but running PHP
>>as an Apache2 module doesn't work for me.
> Have you tried JSPWiki? I've been using it for a while and it's pretty good.
> Even has an RSS 1.0 feed of the changes. RCS backend is supported
> (although I've not used this yet).

I was actually trying that one - no luck with RCS however. Its interface
is kind of barebones, however (not that this is overly important, of
course). I've got a test instance up and running at

> As an aside, something else worth looking at is WikiML:
> It's a SAX parser for reading Wiki markup and spitting out XHTML.
> It'd be very simple to repackage it as a Cocoon Generator, and
> generalise the markup it creates.

Chaperon basically does the same thing, IIRC.

Steven Noels

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message