cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <>
Subject Re: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it (was: Cocoon Organization (Cocoon plugins))
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 06:58:12 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> I still believe that we can solve some (perhaps not all)
> problems simply by organizing our project structure and
> by shifting our activities from "hacking new features"
> to "making a more perfect solution".

empathic +1

On the doco infrastructure level:
I've been trying to set up a WikiWiki web along the other Cocoon/Forrest
resources on yesterday evening, but failed to find a
decent Java port with RCS-backend. phpWiki looks nice, but running PHP
as an Apache2 module doesn't work for me.

Let's focus on finetuning what we have whilst growing a good
documentation culture, people.

OTOH, let's not fall into the trap of Ant 2.0
If people feel like major refactoring is the way to go, there is nothing
in the process that prevents this (

But I still feel we have some way to go before we could say Cocoon is
stable in terms of design (flowmap/blocks/...), features (form
handling...) and documentation. IMO, we need this stable version before
we can fork.

Steven Noels

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: