cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it (was: Cocoon Organization (Cocoon plugins))
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 06:58:12 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> I still believe that we can solve some (perhaps not all)
> problems simply by organizing our project structure and
> by shifting our activities from "hacking new features"
> to "making a more perfect solution".

empathic +1

<sidenote>
On the doco infrastructure level:
I've been trying to set up a WikiWiki web along the other Cocoon/Forrest
resources on outerthought.net yesterday evening, but failed to find a
decent Java port with RCS-backend. phpWiki looks nice, but running PHP
as an Apache2 module doesn't work for me.
</sidenote>

Let's focus on finetuning what we have whilst growing a good
documentation culture, people.

OTOH, let's not fall into the trap of Ant 2.0
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=102604001510675&w=2)
If people feel like major refactoring is the way to go, there is nothing
in the process that prevents this (http://www.x180.net/rules.html).

But I still feel we have some way to go before we could say Cocoon is
stable in terms of design (flowmap/blocks/...), features (form
handling...) and documentation. IMO, we need this stable version before
we can fork.

</Steven>