cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it (was: Cocoon Organization (Cocoon plugins))
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 13:42:22 GMT

Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
>

> <snip/>
>
>>Now, has anyone easily used Cocoon out of a Servlet environment?
>

> Ant to build docs - yes. Offline generation is another one used by some
> people.

Ha. *easily* I said.
Peter Donald ov Avalon is not the last programmer on earth, yet he
doesn't know yet that with Cocoon CLI you can supply a list of URLs to
preocess and *not* crawl. I'm 100% sure it's not his fault.

And how about embedding Cocoon in other apps?

>>We need a _CocoonBean_, that becomes the core entry point.
>>You give it a sitemap, input, and it processes the output. Simple as
>
> that.
>
> What's wrong with Cocoon.java? It *is* the entry point. If you don't
> like something in it - let's fix it, why start another /bean/?

Simply because Cocoon.java is not an easy entry point.
Look how Main.java calls it, and you will understand how it's not
user-friendly.

We can fix that instead of making a bean, this is just an implementation
issue. I just thoght that creating a bean would break less stuff that
now is depending on the "old" Cocoon.java.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -