cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it (was: Cocoon Organization (Cocoon plugins))
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 12:46:02 GMT

> If nobody objects, I will branch on 7 August 2002 and start refactoring.

Not that my opinion should count for much, but I object.  My objection
is this.  Before there is an agreement and set of documentation
explaining "WHAT goes WHERE" then this will be contentious.  Secondly,
I'd like to see something that explains how a common person will go
about installing Cocoon with *feature X* once its split into a billion
complex pieces with UNKNOWN dependancies.  Modularization will only work
if the modules are defined in a human language.  So far I see a million
"lets fix it via just hacking at it" approaches, no definitions, and
still inadequate documentation.  Personally, I feel the documentation is
FAR more important than ANY refactoring at helping users understand Cocoon.

-Andy