cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Fagnani-Bell <jus...@paraliansoftware.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon apps Web site hosting
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 05:47:49 GMT
> Yes, Marc, these are the core two things we need to capture.
>
> All projects hosted on the site should look similarly, check out
> MozDev.org
> to see what I'm talking about:
>
> http://www.mozdev.org/projects.html
>
> The second is how to manage the complexity of having multiple Cocoon
> versions (I think we can ignore the servlet container difference for the
> moment, that should not be taken into account IMO). We can have each
> example
> app deployed in its own war file, but with today's Cocoon runtime memory
> size and twenty different applications, 2Gb or RAM will be soon
> insufficient.

Isn't there a way to do this with a custom class-loader? You have a
system classpath and a user classpath. If a class is not in the user
classpath, it's loaded from the system classpath. This way a user only
gets their own Cocoon runtime if they have their own cocoon.jar in their
lib directory. I'm not completely sure, but I think my hosting company
(which has Cocoon support) does this, but then again my site isn't the
most reliable in the world.

Justin