cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: [cvs 2.0.4] roadmap?
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 11:05:57 GMT
On 09.Aug.2002 -- 11:53 AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Christian Haul wrote:
> > Since it affects only scratchpad in 2.0.4 and 2.1 is planned for 2003,
> > I'd like to sync this aspect in both branches again. Objections?
> >
> Go for it!

OK :-)

> > As a sidenote, if 2.1 will take some while as it seems, should we
> > consider to backport some 'cool' features? I volunteer to backport
> > usage of InputModules for the compiled sitemap. Mmh, would help to
> > have them moved out of scratchpad for that.
> >
> Hmm, I'm a little bit against this - as I see the problem that we
> start backporting more and more and finally have no differences
> between 2.1 and 2.0.x.

So? Really, why shouldn't 2.0.x evolve into 2.1 some day? At least if we
don't put unstable or incompatible features in it. Having a development
branch and a release branch is IMHO better than scratchpad :-) And the
linux kernel does that quite well.

> And I think 2003 is way too late for the 2.1 release, we should
> focus on the important things and get 2.1 before winter. Even if
> that means moving some things back into the scratchpad.

Absolutely.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l