cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject Re: Thanks for fixing JARs in HEAD
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 20:06:01 GMT
> > No offense, Vadim!! ...but just rolling back will not make us move
>
> forward.
>
> :)
> :
> > Other bugs are now back as well. I have invested some time upgrading
>
> to get
>
> > some bugs fixed.
>
> /me puzzled
> What was the issue with old xerces?

they shipped their 2.0 version with a broken AttributesImpl. Which is very
annoying because for some of our transformers I had to replace it against a
fixed one. Someone stated there were some more ugly bugs that already got
fixed in CVS and asked me to use the CVS version.

> > Obviously other (major) bugs were introduced. Sorry for that
> > - but the examples were working fine for me.
>
> Huh? For everybody else (me included) they were returning empty pages!

I tried with tomcat 4.1.x and resin 2.1.x on windows and linux :-/

> > I'd really like to have a newer xerces within HEAD. So I suggest
>
> tracking down
>
> > the problem(s) should be the way to go...
>
> I'm not sure were the problem was, it might be xalan. But, OTOH, I'm
> using only saxon here (it was real "enabling technology" for me, 2-3
> times better performance), and fixed some issues with it already
> (including xpath support),

haven't yet tried saxon... maybe should.
but my focus was actually xerces.

> and I'm sorry, I don't have enough bandwidth
> to tackle xerces/xalan issues.

:-/ same here...

...and it's frustrating to see the time I have already invested wasn't enough.

> > Of course I will help as good as I can..
>
> You can find out what's the problem with xerces/xalan was. And, when all
> samples are working, nobody will object if you upgrade them.

> PS Why don't wait for the next release instead of using CVS versions?

see above...
--
Torsten