cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] new pdf serializer in HEAD
Date Sun, 04 Aug 2002 12:27:15 GMT
On Friday 02 August 2002 20:34, Argyn Kuketayev wrote:
> Torsten
> what about supporting iText tagmap?
> it would need small changes:
> 1. add tagmap file name to configuration, and one more field member
> "tagmap".
> 2. change in setOutputStream()
>         this.contentHandler = new SAXiTextHandler(document);
>         this.contentHandler = new SAXmyHandler(document, tagmap);

What for? We have pipelines. You could easily do that with a simple
transformation. I don't see a reason for supporting this besides the tagmap
might be faster than XSLT.... (but that's also just an assumption)
Not supporting it would force the "cocoon use pattern"

but since it's really easy to add...
just tell me why you think it's useful and I will add it anyway ;-)

PS: did you test it a little? how is your feeling about fop vs. iText?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message