cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leigh.Do...@ingenta.com
Subject Re: Cocoon Wiki (was: Re: [CLEANCOON] Let's clean Cocoon and modularize it . . .)
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 20:36:38 GMT
Diana:
>>Sorry if this is an stupid question, but can Wikis check
>>links (included in submitted content)?

No. But there are automated tools for checking link integrity, I believe
there are some open source options if this is a burden.

Steven:
> I've just put up a copy of JSPWiki on my server, and Leigh Dodds of
> Eclectic and xml.com fame is filling it already with his contributions
> (lots).

Yep I've just completed a dump of all my research notes. Hope they're useful.

> <quote src="leigh" medium="private mail">
>    I think just putting up a chunk of content will decide where the
>    Wiki lives.
> </quote>

I should qualify this and say that I wouldn't presume to pre-empt any 'official'
process, but I also didn't want to see several Wikis spring up with overlapping
content. So I just picked one that used the same platform as my research notes
instance, and pasted the docs in.

Besides, Wiki sites work better once they've been seeded with content.

> Content is king, and we should applaud Leigh for giving us such a
> tremendous headstart. Feeling much obliged - we will take of this.

No probs. I haven't had time to contribute code, so this is my way of helping out.

Cheers,

L.